REGULATIONS OF THE PAPERFUNTOYS.COM ONLINE STORE,
belonging to Studio 77 Tomasz Bartelik
ul. Zwrotnikowa 4, 83-010 Straszyn, NIP 584 227 56 74
1. Seller - Studio 77 Tomasz Bartelik, ul. Zwrotnikowa 4, 83-010 Straszyn, NIP 584 227 56 74, bank account number
40 1140 2004 0000 3502 57 47 3191
2. Customer - a natural person with full legal capacity, and in the cases provided for by generally applicable provisions
also a natural person with limited legal capacity; (2) legal entity; or (3) an organizational unit without legal personality,
which the law confers legal capacity; - who has concluded or intends to conclude a Sales Agreement with the Seller.
3. Consumer - a natural person making a legal transaction with an entrepreneur not directly related to his business
or professional activity;
4. Online store - an online store run by the Seller available at www.diamante-wear.com, through which the Customer
may purchase Goods from the Seller;
5. Goods - clothing, jewelry and other accessories being movable items manufactured or delivered by the Seller,
presented in the online store, which may be the subject of a sales contract;
6. Registration Form - the functionality of the Online Store, through which the Customer, by entering his personal data,
can create a user account with which he can purchase Goods;
7. Basket - a list of products prepared from the Goods offered in the online store based on the Customer's choices.
8. Regulations - these Regulations of the Online Store
9. Product Defect - both a physical defect and a legal defect;
10. Act - the Act of 9 May 2014. on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827);
11. Act on the protection of personal data - the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (text
uniform Journal Of Laws of 2014, item 1182 with later d.);
12. Civil Code - the Act of April 23, 1964. Civil Code (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 121, as amended).
The provisions of these Regulations are not intended to exclude or limit any of the Customer's rights under the mandatory
of law. In the event of non-compliance of the provisions of these Regulations with the above provisions, priority shall be
given to these provisions, and the remaining provisions shall remain in force to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I. General provisions
1. The online store is run by Studio 77 Tomasz Bartelik, ul. Zwrotnikowa 4, 83-010 Straszyn, NIP 584 227 56 74,
bank account number 40 1140 2004 0000 3502 57 47 31 91
2. These Regulations set out the rules for using the Online Store available at paperfuntoys.com, concluding contracts
for the sale of Goods via the online store, placing orders for products available in the Online Store, delivering ordered
products to the Customer, paying the sale price by the Customer. products and shipping costs, the right to withdraw
from the contract, file and process complaints.
3. The Regulations are addressed to all customers of the Online Store. The Customer is obliged to comply with all provisions of the
Regulations. The sale is based on the version of these Regulations in force at the time of placing the order. The Customer is entitled
to use the Online Store for its intended purpose.
4. The Customer may contact the Seller, in particular make complaints, using the Customer Service Department: email@example.com,
tel +48 531 373 184, by post to the Seller's postal address. The Customer Service Department is open on business days from Monday to
Friday from 12:00 to 15:30. The cost of connecting the consent is with the operator's tariff.
5. All information contained on the website of the Online Store, related to products (including prices), does not constitute an offer within
the meaning of art. 66 of the Civil Code, but the invitation to conclude a contract specified in Article 71 of the Civil Code.
6. The price information provided on the Online Store's website is binding from the moment the Customer receives the e-mail message
referred to in the provisions of paragraph III. 8 of the Regulations. After successfully placing the order, this price will not change regardless
of price changes in the Online Store, which may occur in relation to individual Goods.
7. Photos of the Goods are placed on the Online Store website are used to present the specific models indicated on them.
8. The condition of successful order placement is providing accurate address data by the Customer, and indication of the phone number
or email address at which the Seller will be able to contact.
II. The scope, terms and conditions of using the Online Store
1. The condition of using the Online Store services is to read these Regulations and accept them. The customer is obliged to read the
Regulations before placing the order.
2. The Seller provides electronic services in the scope of enabling Customers to set up a user account on the Online Store website at
3. The service consists in enabling the Customer to use the Online Store functionality after logging in. Customer registration in the Online
Store is voluntary and free.
4. When registering, the Customer in the Registration Form shall fill in the correct fields indicating: personal data, delivery address and other
data necessary for the implementation of the order indicated in the Form.
5. The information provided in the Registration Form should be truthful and current. In the case of providing false or outdated information,
the Seller is not obliged to process the Order.
6. The Customer may terminate the contract for the provision of user account services at any time, without giving a reason and without
incurring costs, by sending the Seller via e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org a request to delete the user's account together
with an indication of the e-mail address. Customer (email address) currently registered in the Online Store.
7. The Seller declares that in order to ensure the security of messages and data transmitted in the Online Store, it takes technical and
organizational measures appropriate to the degree of risk, in particular measures to prevent unauthorized persons from obtaining and
modifying personal data sent via the Internet.
8. The customer is obliged in particular to:
1.use the services offered by the Seller in a way that does not interrupt the operation of the Online Store, in particular through the use
of specific software or devices;
2.use the services offered by the Seller in a manner consistent with the provisions of the law in force in the territory of the Republic of
Poland, the provisions of the Regulations, as well as with the customs adopted in a given scope;
3. Use the services offered by the Seller in a manner that is not inconvenient for other Customers and the Seller, while respecting their
personal rights (including the right to privacy) and other rights they enjoy;
4. Use of all content posted as part of the Store only for personal use.
5. The Seller may terminate the contract for the provision of the user account service with a 14-day notice period for important reasons,
which include the use of the Online Store by the Customer in a manner that violates the obligations referred to in point 8 above.
The Seller may submit to the Customer a declaration of termination of the contract for the provision of the user account service via
e-mail to the e-mail address currently registered in the Online Store. Termination of the contract for the provision of the user account
service will result in blocking and deleting the Customer's account in the Online Store.
6. Successful placing an order is possible only if the Good selected by the Customer is available in the Seller's warehouse.
The Seller will make every effort to replenish the stock of any Good or size of the Good in the shortest possible time.
Goods not available in the warehouse will be removed from the Online Store without undue delay.
7. In the scope of services provided electronically, these Regulations are the regulations referred to in art. 8 of the Act of July 18,
2002 on the provision of electronic services (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2013, item 1422, as amended).
III. Placing orders
1. The Customer may purchase the Good by placing an order. Orders for Goods available in the Online Store are placed by
selecting the preferred purchase option. Placing an order is done by clicking the "confirm purchase with payment obligation"
button. By placing an order, the Customer confirms that he knows that the order entails an obligation to pay.
2. An indispensable element of the ordering procedure is that the Customer has read and accepted these Regulations, which
the Customer confirms by checking the appropriate box before placing the order. The Customer's failure to accept these Regulations
when placing the order prevents the Customer from using the option of purchasing the Goods in the Online Store.
3. Another element of the order placement procedure by the Customer is providing by the Customer personal data indicated when
placing the order by the Online Store marked as mandatory and consent by the Customer, by checking the appropriate box before finalizing
the order, consent to the processing of the Customer's personal data provided when placing the order in to process the order placed in the
4. Placing an order in the Online Store is possible around the clock, on all days of the week. Orders are carried out by the Seller within
72 hours from the date of booking the Customer's payment, in the case of choosing the option "COD", from the moment of placing the
order. If the order is placed on a business day after 12:00, Saturday, Sunday or other non-working days (Saturdays, Sundays and public
holidays), the delivery time is extended by the time including non-working days, and the indicated deadline for the contract runs from the next
business day after the days off.
5. If the Customer registers a user account in the Online Store, the order is placed by logging in to the Online Store's website using the data
provided by the Customer, after choosing the color and size, adding the Good to the Basket and confirming the will to place the order with
the obligation to pay.
6. If the Customer fails to register the user's account in the Online Store, the condition for placing the order is to add the Good, after choosing
the color and size, to the Basket, provide all the required data necessary to ship the Good and take other technical actions based on the displayed
to the Customer messages or information in the Online Store
7. The sending of the order by the Customer (confirmation with the "confirm purchase with payment obligation" button) constitutes the Customer's
offer submitted to the Seller to conclude a sales contract, in accordance with the Regulations.
8. After sending the order, the Customer receives confirmation of acceptance of his offer by e-mail (Confirmation of acceptance of the order for
processing), to the e-mail address provided by him in the Registration Form or the e-mail address provided when placing the order. After receiving
the above message and confirming the order placed by using the link contained in the message, the contract of sale of the Goods ordered by the
Customer is concluded by the Seller accepting the offer referred to in paragraph 7 above and the Seller begins to process the order
9. Confirmation of order acceptance, access, consolidation, protection of all relevant provisions of the sales contract in order for the Customer
to gain access to this information in the future takes the form of:
1. confirmation of acceptance of the order for processing in the manner indicated in paragraph 8 above, by placing in the e-mail message
sent by the Online Store: information about the ordered Good together with an indication of its price, the method and cost of delivery chosen
by the Customer, the method and amount chosen by the Customer to pay for the entire order, information about the possibility of reporting
Complaints along with the Complaint Form for self download, information about the right to withdraw from the contract together with the
Return Form - withdrawal for self download, information about the content of the Regulations for self download.
2. attach to the completed order, which will be sent to the address indicated in the Registration Form or when placing the order by the
Customer, paper version: proof of purchase of the Good, information about the right to withdraw from the contract together with the Return
form - withdrawal from the contract, the content of these Regulations, model Complaint Form, model of the Exchange Form
10. The delivery time indicated in the Order Confirmation is an approximate date calculated from the moment of accepting the order to the
moment of sending the Good to the Customer via one of the shipping methods indicated below in the Regulations.
11. The customer has the right to cancel the order before receiving confirmation from the seller of the order for processing. A declaration
of intent to cancel an order should be sent to the Seller by e-mail to email@example.com or by yourself canceled on the website after
logging into your account in the Online Store.
12. A proof of purchase (VAT invoice or receipt) is attached to each shipment. If the customer is a VAT payer and wants to receive an invoice,
placing an order should select the appropriate option and provide the necessary data.
13. Sale of Goods in the Online Store is carried out via the Internet. To use the Online Store, including browsing the range and placing orders
for Goods, you need: a computer with Internet access and an Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox,
Opera, Safari; an active e-mail account.
IV. Making payment.
1. All prices of Goods and shipping (delivery) costs are gross, i.e. they include taxes, including VAT and are expressed in Euro.
2. The prices of Goods in the Online Store do not include the costs of delivery of the Goods.
3. The price given next to each Good is binding from the moment the Customer receives the Confirmation of acceptance of the order,
referred to in point III. paragraph. 8 of the Regulations. Information on the price of the Good, features and significant properties of the
Good is available on the Online Store website and is placed next to the presented Good.
4. Shipping costs are determined in accordance with the provisions of point V. of the Regulations.
5. Information on the total amount of the order, including the prices of the Goods and shipping costs, is presented in the Basket after
the Customer chooses the Good, payment method and delivery method.
6. The customer has the right to choose the payment method for the ordered Goods:
- in cash, to a person acting on behalf of the carrier to whom the Seller entrusted the delivery of the ordered Goods (cash on delivery);
- bank transfer before delivery (payment before shipment). If the Customer chooses the method of payment in the form of payment
before shipment, failure to receive payment to the Seller's account within 3 days of placing the order will result in the order being
canceled. Payments via bank transfer should be made to the Seller's bank account provided in the message confirming acceptance
by Seller's order for implementation, in accordance with point III. paragraph. 8 of the Regulations. The customer is required to include
the order number in the title of the transfer.
The account is owned by Studio 77 Tomasz Bartelik, bank account number 40 1140 2004 0000 3502 57 47 31 91.
"Settlements of transactions by credit card and eprzelew are carried out through Dotpay.pl." If payment cards are one of the available
payment methods, VISA and Mastercard acceptance marks must also be placed on the sales page.
7. Promotions in the Online Store cannot be combined, unless the regulations of the promotion provide otherwise.
8. The binding and final price of the Good and the cost of shipping is the total price of the order given in the Basket at the time of placing
the order by the Customer on the Online Store website.
9. The total amount of the contract shall mean the amount to be paid by the Customer, which consists of the price of the combined items
for the ordered Goods and the cost of shipping.